Monday, June 11, 2012

Can your child prepare for the JATP?

Many parents in Atlanta - and outside areas ask themselves, "Can my child prepare for the JATP?". If you happen to be one of the parents that find yourself in this group - the more important follow up question would be: "What would happen if my child did not prepare for the JATP?"

As I have worked with many parents, caregivers, and school administrators, it has been apparent that many children lack the skills that are needed in order to enter kindergarten - let alone a private school. In one conversation that I have had with several parents I have adamantly told them, "Your school is doing the best job that they can do - and that is to be a school. The skills that your child will need in order to be prepared for the JATP is an entirely different process."

It is rather saddening for me to hear that a student did not get into a school because of the day that they walked into the office to be tested and felt "tricked". My goal is not to give them answers to tests, but to help the student feel more at ease in the process. Whether the task is to give parents the right direction when they go to the bookstore, or to help them with an outline on how to be a more engaging parent - those that really want the best outcomes in preparing for the JATP will actually, seek help.

If you would like to find out more about how we can help with your child's private school educational goals, please feel free to contact me at christine@learningridge.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment