Thursday, June 14, 2012

Overachiever - or just great genes? A doctor by 21..

I had an amazing educational experience - minus the one year that I skipped when I had entered elementary school. It's a story that my mother tells me that I can't remember, one that involves my dad enrolling me in school and fibbing to the school registrar that I had already attended Kindergarten. 

Little did he know that they put me in a first grade class and I had to learn everything that a typical first grader had to learn, in one month. I shake my head to this day thinking that I could have had a totally different life experience if I had graduated a year later and had entered college at the age of 18 instead of 17.  Regardless of what had happened when I was younger, the experience has lent itself to developing the person that I am now.

As I looked at this article, it is apparent that this individual was destined to be a doctor at the ripe age of 21. No matter what was told to him in his life, he had the skills and motivation necessary to become a professional at that point in time. His parents did not drive him to be successful; it was something that many successful people will say, "came naturally".

No comments:

Post a Comment