Tuesday, February 1, 2011

JATP in Atlanta...

If you are new to the Atlanta area and are unaware of the JATP, here is some information that may prove to be useful as you tackle on this process.

There are 12 prestigious private schools in the Atlanta area that have a high number of applicants that seek admission each year. In order to provide equity to the students, the JATP was formed to make this process more streamlined and objective. A series of tests, applications, and campus visits are required to show if the school and the prospective family is a good match.

My experience with helping families through this process has been quite, successful. In my years of consulting, I am very happy to say that I have been able to help students succesfully "breeze through" the process.  I will however, say that it was a commitment by both the family and myself to say that their admittance was a success. The hours put forth in looking at all the different factors that make a student "marketable" in the eyes of the admissions board is something that is more complex than just a number or two or three words. It is the "whole picture" that sometimes, parents fail to see.

As I continue to help my dedicated portfolio of clients, I look forward to the weeks that come as we sit back, relax and wait for all of our hard work to pay off. My clients and I have worked very hard not only to prepare these young children for the JATP, but for the nuances of life!

If you are in the Atlanta/Marietta/Kennesaw/Vinings/Sandy Springs/Buckhead area (Cobb County, Fulton County, Dekalb County, Cherokee County) and have any questions about the CRCT, SSAT, SAT, GED, Summer Tutoring, Orton-Gillingham, Handwriting Without Tears, Writing Strategies, or any methodologies or instructional methods that may help your child succeed, please contact me at christine@learningridge.com or visit my website at http://www.learningridge.com/. If you need immediate assistance, you can call me at 404-964-8533.


No comments:

Post a Comment