Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Dedicated Father

I would like to preface this post to all the dedicated parents out there who work day and night to help their child with life's little challenges. Whether it be toilet training, reading, or helping them with life - I really commend each and every one of you who make these sacrifices that you think go unnoticed. This post is - for you.

I am very lucky to have the clients that I have. Every time I work with a parent who is a "great mom" or a "great dad", I know that I am in a good place. I have parents who have told me that they occassionally may need to lose out on sleep from 4am to 8am  so that they can free up their afternoons to spend with their kids. Some of my parents (like my own mother) have waited in parking lots so that their son/daughter can have a cello/piano or tutoring lesson. Whatever the sacrifice, there is no greater love than giving oneself to your children no matter what age they are.

One parent in particular that I would like to spotlight is the father of two young children: one incredibly charming young third grade girl and a rambunctious almost three year old toddler that makes me blush everytime he gives me a kiss on the cheek. During one of the tutoring sessions that I had with the young girl, she told me that her father was helping her mother with an application that they needed to fill out for the private school. I told her that I read through the personal statements and responses that he had made and said, "they were thoughtfully put together in a very thorough manner." She proceeded to tell me how her dad did this.

You see, her father works 60 hours a week and is a highly educated man. After coming home from work and (maybe) enjoying his evening with his wife and kids, he took the time to complete the application for his son - from 8pm to 4am in the morning. When the little girl told me this I thought to myself, how lucky her brother is to have a father work so hard to make sure that he has the best education possible in his life. Not only does he put in the hours at work to provide food on the table and a roof over their heads, but he comes home and painstakingly spends countless hours with an application that could pave the way for his son's future.

It is with utmost respect that I show my admiration and appreciation not only for this parent, but for all parents out there that take the time to make every second count for their children!

 If you are in the Atlanta/Marietta/Kennesaw/Vinings/Sandy Springs/Buckhead area (Cobb County, Fulton County, Dekalb County, Cherokee County) and have any questions about the CRCT, SSAT, SAT, GED, Summer Tutoring, Orton-Gillingham, Handwriting Without Tears, Writing Strategies, or any methodologies or instructional methods that may help your child succeed, please contact me at christine@learningridge.com or visit my website at http://www.learningridge.com/. If you need immediate assistance, you can call me at 404-964-8533.


No comments:

Post a Comment