Saturday, January 8, 2011

Handwriting....is it still important?

As I watch this new generation of students communicate with their technological devices, I ask myself - how well do they write? It seems that the more advanced a student is with their gaming devices, the less legible their handwriting becomes.

In the field of education here in the United States, we have focused less on handwriting and more on keyboarding. Although I believe that keyboarding is an important skill, I also believe that the ability to properly grasp on to a writing utensil to jot down a name, number, or even an address to be quite an important task. I am not saying that you need to write elegantly, but sufficiently enough so that your peers can understand what you are saying.

For more information about the Handwriting Without Tears, a wonderful researched based program - feel free to contact me at (404) 964-8533.

If you are in the Atlanta/Marietta/Kennesaw/Vinings/Sandy Springs/Buckhead area (Cobb County, Fulton County, Dekalb County, Cherokee County) and have any questions about the CRCT, SSAT, SAT, GED, Summer Tutoring, Orton-Gillingham, Handwriting Without Tears, Writing Strategies, or any methodologies or instructional methods that may help your child succeed, please contact me atmailto:christine@learningridge.com or visit my website at http://www.learningridge.com/. If you need immediate assistance, you can call me at 404-964-8533.



Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment