Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Exceeding Expectations For Reading!

As a professional, it brings a smile to my face each and every time I receive an email from a client. Sometimes they are passive emails that tell me that we need to change our schedule, sometimes it's a request to put a list of materials together for parents to pick up. The best emails are the ones where parents tell me of the progress that their child has made in the course of a few weeks, or months.

One of the last emails that I opened was from a mom that had just returned from an overseas vacation with her daughter and husband. I thought that the email would read like most of my other emails that would just reinforce the fact that we will begin our sessions in a few days. This email was different because it gave me an idea of what happens... when I am not around.

The "Mom" told me that her daughter had successfully read through the 72 books that I had given to her to read through the course of the month. I did not think that her daughter would do this because 1. she was on vacation 2. it was a lot of books. Regardless, this little girl did the impossible - she read the books and made both her mom and I so proud. I had been waiting all day to respond to the email - and am even more excited to see how much she has grown (both intellectually and emotionally) since our last session. 


No comments:

Post a Comment