Thursday, January 3, 2013

Waiting For The Breakthrough!

Every year as I take on new cases, I explain what happens or - what will happen to the minds of the young children that I work with. Parents take their time to understand this process and as a result, they look at their calendars and wait for what I call "The Breakthrough".

This breakthrough can be one of many things. For students with dyslexia - it could be the moment that they pick up a book and read to themselves when (they think) nobody is looking. For students with Autism - it could be when they initiate conversations with me without any type of prompting. For students with ADHD, it is when they are able to complete a task - all by themselves. For young students waiting to get into the private school of their choice, it is when they are able to develop such complex reasoning skills that they amaze their parents with their gift of conversation.

I believe that the product of my hard work and commitment to our clients is based on "Breakthroughs" that happen in the young minds of our children each and every day. There is nothing more enjoyable than to share these precious moments with their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment